Tuesday 8 October 2013

Frame by Frame

This is a frame by frame reconstruction of  C O O L by Le Youth. This was to boost my knowledge of frames within a music video and to see where my music video is going to have difficulties and where I will need to edit more so or where I can look at different shots to create a different atmosphere such as the black and white for a more seductive video as well as a flashback or a movement into the past.


The difficulty came when I was unable to recreate very well some of the shots, such as the water and speaker shot and have had to use the original frame and has meant it seems slightly out of place because of the better quality and slightly different background, just the clearer appearance. It goes to how that the shot types should be taken as closely together to make sure there is a theme which runs well throughout the music video otherwise it can mean clips or scenes can look out of place.

The use of the silhouette was difficult to replicate with the lighting and the best way to achieve it was to white wash a white background behind the character but reflection back into the room led to you still being able to see the person and not create the full silhouette.

I have found that planning for the frame by frame wasn't in depth enough to not face planning time in the actual  shooting of the video it means that the video took a lot longer to film, and if I'm going to be filming outside in the winter filming quickly might be quickly if I want to use the good weather when it's there. Another thing I have found in concerns of planning is that the different shots were more difficult to film than what we planned as I would say we were too ambition with the shots for the fact we didn't have the correct lighting to film complete silhouettes of people, instead we found creating a bright as possible backdrop was affective yet caused some reflection into the studio and made the person less black and white to the camera.

I have learnt that the planning is important to then organise filming better and to be able to know what shots need to be done when. The problems we faced has led me to believe that when planning my video I am going to organise to the worst case scenarios to allow it to run smoothly, maybe have multiple dates to do outside shots to get the right weather or make sure each shot is filmed to the right length we is something I found was a problem in editing.

No comments:

Post a Comment